2011 Aussie Millions poker tournament series is underway
With the PokerStars PCA wrapping up in the Caribbean it’s time for the next major poker tournament series to get started, and that tournament series, The Aussie Millions, will be taking place halfway around the globe from the PCA.
While the Main Event of the Aussie Millions will not get underway until January 23rd the Aussie Millions is running a slew of preliminary events in the lead-up to the $10,000 Main Event –one of the most prestigious poker tournaments in the world.
The Aussie Millions has grown so large over the years that the tournament now incorporates three Day 1 flights to accommodate all of the entries into the tournament. This is a far cry from the first Aussie Millions which took place way back in 1998 –was there even poker back then???—and featured a $1,000 buy-in tournament that attracted a total of 74 players and was played as a Limit Holdem Event! Compare this to last year’s Main Event, with its $10,000 buy-in and 746 entries, creating a total prize-pool of 100 times that of 1998.
In all 20 events are scheduled for the 2011 Aussie Millions tournament series, with most buy-ins ranging from $1,100 up to the $10,000 buy-in for the Main Event and 8-Game Mix. There is one other tournament that falls well outside these limits however, the $100,000 buy-in Challenge tournament, which will draw the best in the poker world.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …