72 players reach day 3 of European Poker Tour (EPT) Barcelona
With approximately 700k chips, Matt Lapossie sits atop the leader-board at the EPT Barcelona event. Lapossie still has a long way to go, and many formidable poker players to oust if he wants to capture the coveted title.
One dangerous player who saw his hopes dashed just short of the money is up-and-comer Lex Veldhuis. Veldhuis got his money in with bottom set as the money bubble approached, and his opponent, Lars Bonding, had a pair and a straight draw. In one of those poker hands where neither player made a mistake; the river card gave Bonding the straight, with Lex was nearly felted and eliminated moments later.
The field still contains Bertrand “ElkY” Grosspieler (who seems to be in contention in every tournament he plays) who holds roughly 450k chips, Roland DeWolfe, Jan Boubli, Mike McDonald, and Noah Boeken to name a few of the big-name players still remaining.
There were plenty of big-name casualties on Day 2 as well: Daniel Negreanu, Freddy Deeb, Robert Mizrachi, and Leo Margets.
Play resumes at 12:30 CET on Monday.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …