EPT Madrid final table to be determined today
When play began on Friday at the latest stop on the PokerStars European Poker Tour’s (EPT) Season 8 schedule, the EPT Madrid Main Event was down to just 24 players, with a handful of well-known poker pros in the running for the title, and the nearly €550,000 first-place prize-money.
Attendance took a nosedive at the event, likely caused by a combination of Black Friday and a struggling Spanish economy, but there were still 477 players willing to part with the €5,000 buy-in to take part in the tournament.
Heading into Day 4 of the Main Event it was Joao Paulo Simao who held the chip-lead, with nearly 2 million chips. Simao’s closest competitors for the chip-lead, and the only other players to crack the 1 million chip-marks, were Ilan Boujaneh and Bruno Lopes both sitting on roughly 1.1 million chip-stacks.
However, slightly further down the leader-board, but still in the Top 10 were a pair of well known poker players in Mike “Timex” McDonald and Taylor “Ambigiousity” Paur, both of whom have turned incredible online poker careers into incredible careers at the live tournament tables in recent years. Other players still in the hunt are Nicholas Levi and Tristan Clemencon. Paur has the unenviable task of sitting to the right of Mike McDonald on Friday, which could make it extremely difficult for him to advance to the final table.
Here is a look at the chip counts and seating assignments for the final 24 players in the EPT Madrid Main Event.
* Seat 1: Jean-Pierre Petroli — 307000
* Seat 2: Fraser Macintyre — 717000
* Seat 3: Siyu Sha — 848000
* Seat 4: Andrei Stoenescu — 263000
* Seat 5: Clayton Mozdzen — 783000
* Seat 6: Nicolas Levi — 526000
* Seat 7: Tristan Clemencon — 395000
* Seat 8: João Paulo Simão — 1973000
* Seat 1: Frederik Jensen — 410000
* Seat 2: Javier Dominguez — 161000
* Seat 3: Yury Gulyy — 235000
* Seat 4: Ben Spraggons — 245000
* Seat 5: Juan Navarrete — 516000
* Seat 6: Ivan Tikhov — 614000
* Seat 7: Borge Dypvik — 179000
* Seat 8: Jason Duval — 946000
* Seat 1: Jordi Martinez — 284000
* Seat 2: Bruno Lopes — 1103000
* Seat 3: Ricardo Ibanez Rodriguez — 635000
* Seat 4: Ilan Boujenah — 1153000
* Seat 5: Yordan Dimitrov — 227000
* Seat 6: Ruben Setien Herrera — 175000
* Seat 7: Taylor Paur — 734000
* Seat 8: Mike McDonald — 883000
The field will play down to the final table of 8 players on Friday, at which point they will call it a day and return to the Casino Gran Madrid on Saturday to crown a champion.
Tags: Black Friday, Bruno Lopes, EPT, Joao Paulo, Juan Navarrete, Leader Board, Macintyre, main event, Mike McDonald, Nosedive, Online Poker, Petroli, poker players, Poker Pros, prize money, Season 8, Seat 6, Seating Assignments, Simao, Spanish Economy
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …