EPT Robbery suspects have their day in court
In all a total of six suspects were arrested in connection with the brazen robbery that occurred in Berlin at a European Poker Tour event back on March 6th. Four of those suspects recently appeared before a German court and admitted to a litany of crimes, but declined to say where the missing €290,000 is located.
The four men were the men that stormed the tournament brandishing axes and a starter pistol (reports on the actual weapons have ranged from machetes, to machine guns, to grenades) are all aged between 19 and 21, and appeared in juvenile court in Germany.
German authorities also have two older men in custody alleged to be the ringleaders of the planned heist –one of the men was supposedly participating in the tournament and tipped off the others, while the other drove the getaway car and divided the money between them.
The robbers were attempting to make off with the €1 million first-place prize-money, but an unarmed security guard thwarted the robbery, and the four were only able to take what they could carry on their persons –allegedly €290,000. Authorities have no idea what became of the money, and only a couple thousand Euros have been recovered to date.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …