Matt Glantz triumphant at Pokerstars EPT High-Roller event in Lon
With a buy-in of over $31,000 American, the High-Roller Event tends to draw only the cream of the crop of the poker world. Last year, Jason Mercier –who pwned the European felt in 2008— outlasted 85 other entrants to capture the title: A win that solidified Mercier’s standing as one of the top up-and-comers in poker.
This time around, it was another rising star who took home the title and the $866,000 first-place prize-money, Matt Glantz.
This was no walk in the park for Glantz, the final table included Ilari “ziigmund” Sahamies, Dennis Phillips, Eugene Katchalov, and Eric Cajelais. In the end it was Glantz and Cajelais playing heads-up for the crown, with Glantz coming out on top.
Don’t feel too bad for Cajelais: He won event #2 Pot Limit Hold’ Em/Pot Limit Omaha, and will walk away with over $500k for his runner up finish in the high-roller event: All-in-all, a pretty good trip to London!
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …