Moorman and O’Dwyer headline EPT London final table
The final eight players vying for the PokerStars European Poker Tour (EPT) London Main Event title are now set, and considering the star-power that will be sitting at Saturday’s final table this could very well be one for the ages. Headlining the final table are Steve O’Dwyer (who finished second in this event last year), Lock Poker pro and online legend Chris Moorman, and Team PokerStars pro Theo Jorgensen. Joining the trio of big names at the final table will be some lesser-known but very dangerous players in Ruben Visser, Mantas Visockis, Olof Haglund, Tamer Kamal, and Cristophe Frank.
O’Dwyer will take a solid chip-lead into the final table with the lone American remaining in the field the only player to cross the 4 million chip-mark –O’Dwyer actually surpassed the 5 million chip-mark, and has nearly a 2 million-chip advantage over his closest competitor Dutch poker pro Ruben Visser.
Moorman and Jorgensen will have some work to do as the two poker superstars have 1 million and 1.5 million chips respectively. With the blinds at 20,000/40,000 and a 5,000 chip ante at the start of the final table they won’t have very much time before they find themselves in push/fold situations.
Here is a look at the final table seating assignments and chip counts heading into Saturday’s action:
* Seat 1: Mantas Visockis — 1,510,000
* Seat 2: Olof Haglund — 2,755,000
* Seat 3: Ruben Visser — 3,640,000
* Seat 4: Steve O’Dwyer — 5,270,000
* Seat 5: Chris Moorman — 1,075,000
* Seat 6: Theo Jorgensen — 1,550,000
* Seat 7: Tamer Kamel — 960,000
* Seat 8: Christophe Frank — 2,570,000
The tournament began earlier this week with two Day 1 flights that produced a total field of 647 players; a significant drop from the 691 players that entered the EPT London Main Event last year and the 730 players who registered in 2011, but still enough to make this the third-largest EPT London tournament in the nine-year history of the tour.
The total prize-pool for the £5,000 event crossed the £3 million mark, and the winner of the tournament will walk away with £700,000. Here is a look at the complete final table payouts for the 2013 EPT London Main Event:
* 1st place: £700,000
* 2nd place: £455,000
* 3rd place: £245,000
* 4th place: £183,000
* 5th place: £146,000
* 6th place: £112,000
* 7th place: £79,950
* 8th place: £57,000
Action at the final table will get underway at Noon local time with PokerStars live-streaming the final table until a winner is crowned.
[Chip-counts and payouts courtesy of the EPT website: www.EuropeanPokerTour.com]
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …