Top poker players survive as 2012 PCA down to 64
The 1,000+ player field for the 2012 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure (PCA) Main Event has been trimmed to just 8 tables, and a total of 64 players remaining heading into Day 4 of the prestigious tournament. With plenty of the game’s best poker players still alive, like Barry Greenstein, William Reynolds, Faraz Jaka, and 2010 PCA Champ Galen Hall, the 2012 PCA has the potential to be one of the most interesting final tables in the event’s storied history.
Jaka entered Day 3 as an overwhelming chip-leader, but an up and down day saw his stack increase only slightly by the end of the day, but thanks to his commanding lead to start the day it was still good enough for the #3 spot on the leader-board. Taking over the chip-lead from Jaka was online poker pro Phil D’Auteuil, narrowly edging out Sam Greenwood for the top spot with 1,472,000 compared to Greenwood’s 1,401,000.
2009 PCA runner-up Anthony Gregg also finished in the Top 10 on the leader-board, landing in the #5 spot, while Team PokerStars Pro Luca Pagano and poker pro David Peters finished 9th and 10th respectively on the leader-board.
Other well-known players still in contention include WSOP bracelet winner and theoretician Bill Chen, 2011 PCA $5k NLHE Champion Byron Kaverman, Slovenian tournament pro Casey Kastle, 2011 WSOP bracelet winner Andrew Badecker, Team PokerStars Pro Jan Heitmann, former MMA fighter turned poker pro Eric Cajelais, 2011 EPT Player of the Year contender Martin Jacobson, French poker star Arnaud Mattern, Epic Poker League winner Chris Klodnicki, Russian Yevgeniy Timoshenko, and perhaps the best know player –who isn’t a poker player– PGA tour superstar Sergio Garcia.
Here is a look at the top 10 chip-counts heading into Day 4 of the 2012 PCA Main Event:
1. Phil D’Auteuil – 1,472,000
2. Sam Greenwood – 1,401,000
3. Faraz Jaka – 1,220,000
4. Alex Fitzgerald – 1,154,000
5. Anthony Gregg – 1,129,000
6. Kyle Julius – 1,019,000
7. Peter Draxl – 951,000
8. David Bernstein – 876,000
9. Luca Pagano – 863,000
10. David Peters – 857,000
The remaining players will be back in action at Noon local time, where they will play down to the final three tables of 24 players before calling it a night. Each of the remaining players is guaranteed a $32,500 payday; those surviving to the final 24 will be guaranteed $51,000; and the final 10 players are guaranteed a $101,000 score with first place worth a cool $2 million!
The side events on Wednesday will be the calm before the storm, since starting tomorrow the High-Roller events start taking place. Here is a look at the side-event schedule for Wednesday at the 2012 PCA:
* $1,000 + $100 6-Max No Limit Holdem tournament
* $5,000 + $250 PokerStars 8-Game Mix Championship tournament
* $1,000 + $100 No Limit Holdem “Ante Only” tournament
* $270 + $30 No Limit Holdem TURBO tournament
Tags: Barry Greenstein, Caribbean Adventure, Commanding Lead, EPT, Faraz, Galen Hall, Kastle, Kyle Julius, Leader Board, League Winner, Luca Pagano, Main Event 1, Poker Player, poker players, PokerStars, Prestigious Tournament, Storied History, Timoshenko, William Reynolds, Yevgeniy
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …