Gus Hansen down close to $1 million in April
It seems that Gus Hansen’s 6+ month heater at the Full Tilt Poker tables has finally come to a head, as the Team Full Tilt Poker Pro finds himself down nearly $1 million over the first week of April according to highstakesdb.com.
At one point Hansen had been up nearly $4.5 million for the year, and despite his recent struggles he still finds himself occupying the top spot on the yearly money-list, posting a profit in excess of $3 million.
Hansen’s tournament chops have never been in question and despite his three WPT titles, Aussie Millions title, and recent World Series of Poker bracelet win, Hansen has struggled mightily in the high-stakes cash games over the course of his career. However, all that seemingly changed since October of 2010 and lasted through March 2011 where Hansen was the hottest player at the online poker tables, winning around $8 million in that time frame.
The huge upswing saw Gus erase a $3.5 million deficit he accrued through the first 10 months of 2010, and as I stated above head the 2011 leader-board since the beginning of the year.
It will be interesting to see if Gus quickly overcomes his recent losses, or if his success over the past 6 months was just a tremendous heater – perhaps the greatest heater in poker history!
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …