10 PA casinos pay $16.5 mil for table games
Pennsylvania citizens woke up $165 million richer today –well, there state coffers did anyway—as 10 Pennsylvania casinos ponied up the $16.5 million necessary to add table games –including poker—to their casinos. The deadline for the license fee was yesterday.
In addition to the $165 million up-front fee, the state will also reap the benefits of taxation from the table games –an estimated $140 million over the next year. PA residents can expect to see table games open to the public sometime in July according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Again according to the Post-Gazette, the Rivers Casino plans to add an impressive 62 table games, with 24 reserved for a separate poker-room.
Pennsylvania is just one of the states that has turned to legalizing or expanding gambling in order to fight budgetary constraints, and with PA adding over $300 million in revenue this year –in addition to the gambled money staying in-state instead of crossing the borders to New Jersey, Connecticut and other locales that already have legal gambling—the move has already paid off for PA officials, and will be a huge boost to PA residents whether they are for or against gambling.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …