Episode 2 of High Stakes Poker – Another player busts as talk t
For the second straight week a player on High Stakes Poker has been felted, losing their initial $200,000 buy-in. In week one it was the poker pro everyone loves to hate, Phil Hellmuth who went busto: Week two of the popular television show saw Andreas Hoivold take an early exit from the game.
In the most interesting hand of the evening viewers were able to get a glimpse of the ultra-aggressive style of play that has taken hold at these limits: The hand in question saw Gus Hansen –who is definitely not a passive player—smooth-call a raise from Daniel Negreanu with AK. Hansen was likely looking for a raise from one of the young aggressive players still to act, but instead saw two more raises! Tom Dwan was the first to pop-it, with an unexciting K5s, only to be re-raised by Dario Minieri and his pocket Tens. Dwan was probably trying to take the pot away, and Minieri likely thought Dwan was trying to take the pot away! Unfortunately for Gus his well laid trap had to be discarded, and he simply mucked his AK.
The table talk also took an interesting turn, with players mentioning everyone from Isildur1 to WSOP champion Joe Cada. As usual, the criticism was rampant, and the needling kept up almost nonstop.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …