David “betudontbet” Emmons wins PokerStars TCOOP
The inaugural PokerStars Turbo Championships of Online Poker (TCOOP) came to a close on Sunday, culminating with the $700 buy-in Main Event, featuring a $1.5 million guaranteed prize-pool. A total of 3,667 players registered for the tournament, blasting through the guarantee, and nearly reaching a total prize-pool of $2.5 million ($2,438,555 to b precise).
Over 40 Team PokerStars Pros took part in the event, including recent PCA $100k Super-High-Roller winner Viktor “Isildur1” Blom, Liv Boeree, and 2011 WSOP Main Event duelists Martin Staszko and Pius Heinz. In the end these players would fall by the wayside, but the tournament would come down to a battle between two poker pros: 2011 PCA runner-up Chris “ImDaNuts” Oliver and David “betudontbet” Emmons.
Amazingly, the tournament did not feature the usual final table chop that occurs at virtually every major online tournament, most likely due to the two best-known players going for the title. At first there was talk of a deal during five-handed play (with the blinds already constituting a large percentage of the chips on the table) but nothing came about at this time. Later, there was once again talk of a deal during three-handed play, and this time the tournament was paused and some calculations were run, but by this point David Emmons had such a commanding chip-lead that any deal would have seen him earn more than the actual amount for first place, so the idea of a deal was scrapped.
Here is a look at the reaction after final table host “acoimbra” told the table Oliver would receive over $392k if they decided on a chop:
ImDaNuts: lol what
ImDaNuts: that cant be right
ImDaNuts: betudontbet gets more than first?
acoimbra (TeamOnline): the numbers are correct, you are free to dicuss them
Didak04: well I wont take a deal unless I get $250000
ImDaNuts: lol jus play
Didak04: ok lets play
Soon thereafter Emmons eliminated “Didak04” in 3rd place leaving him to face the ultra-aggressive Oliver in heads-up play. Emmons took a 64 million to 9 million chip-lead into the duel which lasted all of one hand: Emmons open-shoved with A5 and Oliver made the call with K7. It looked like the tournament might go on when Oliver spiked a king on the flop, but the turn-card brought an Ace and sealed the deal for Emmons.
Here is a look at the complete final table payouts from the tournament:
1. David “Betudontbet” Emmons (Mexico) $382,855.67
2. Chris “ImDaNuts” Oliver (Costa Rica) $285,310.93
3. Didak04 (Australia) $201,180.78
4. Gala_Terry (United Kingdom) $140,216.91
5. mmbittencour (Brazil) $103,638.59
6. DimaDima13 (Russia) $79,253.03
7. swissman29 (Luxembourg) $45,867.48
8. zyxel888 (Russia) $30,481.93
9. MON3Y$HOT (Australia) $19,508.44
A total of 495 players made the money in the tournament, with the highest finish by a well-known player being Humberto Brenes, who finished in 299th place. For more information on the PokerStars TCOOP tournament series you can visit the PokerStars blog at www.pokerstarsblog.com.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …