Gus Hansen up over $5 million in 4 months
It seems an improbable headline when you consider that Gus Hansen had lost some $5 million in 2009, and was down close to $3.5 million for the year heading into October 2010, but then something happened –what we do not know—and Hansen has been on a tear ever since.
According to www.highstakesdb.com Hansen is up over $5 million since October 2010, obviously making him the biggest winner at the online poker tables in that timeframe. Much of Gus’s success has come in two poker variants, first was the Draw Poker variants Full Tilt introduced in November 2010, where we recently found out that Hansen had won over $1.5 million from November 2010 through the end of the year; his other success has been at the Cap PLO tables, where he has always been a force to reckoned with.
Gus’s run has come against some very stiff competition as he has decimated David Benyamine, Daniel ‘jungleman12’ Cates, Phil ‘OMGClayAiken’ Galfond, and Scott “URnotINdanger2” Palmer.
While Gus has been known to go on massive heaters –and downswings—his current run of over four months has many wondering if he has been able to turn the page on his past cash game issues. While always considered one of the top tournament players, Hansen’s struggles in the Ultra-High-Stakes cash games have been just as legendary.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …