Haxton erases $100k deficit to win Superstar Showdown
This past Sunday Isaac Haxton and Viktor “Isildur1” Blom took part in the first Superstar Showdown match on PokerStars since last June. Unfortunately the match, scheduled for 2,500 hands, was halted just 692 hands in when Haxton’s Internet connection went “1993” on him and caused him to continuously disconnect. PokerStars decided to suspend the match, and the two participants were back at it yesterday afternoon.
Haxton entered yesterday’s finale down nearly $100,000 ($99,860 to be precise), but by the time the final hand was played he had erased the entire deficit and booked a small profit; beating Blom for the second time. At one point Haxton not only battled back as the two played four tables of $100/$200 Heads-Up No Limit Holdem simultaneously, but found himself up $80,000 before Blom made his own comeback.
Haxton is still the only player to get the better of Blom in the Superstar Showdown matches (having bested Isildur1 in the first ever Superstar Showdown played) although both Daniel Negreanu and Scott Palmer did beat Isildur1 in one of the two-part matches they played –Isildur1 came out on top in both cases however.
When the final hand of the match was dealt on Tuesday, Haxton found himself $5,093 in the black. Isildur1 will have only a few days to prepare for his next opponent as he is scheduled to take on English high-stakes player Andrew Millar, who goes by the screen-name “Kanu7” on PokerStars.
The Superstars Showdown was developed specifically for PokerStars to show off their latest signing –at the time the Anonymous “Isildur1” who later turned out to be Swedish phenom Viktor Blom. Black Friday did throw a wrench in the Superstar Showdown schedule, but it seems that PokerStars and Blom are ready to get the ball rolling once again. Here is a look at the updated record of Viktor “Isildur1” Blom in the Superstar Showdown series:
* Dec. 19, 2010: Isaac “philivey2694″ Haxton — Result -$41,701
* Jan. 2, 2011: Antanas “Tony G” Guoga – Result +$44,280
* Jan. 30, 2011: Daniel “w00ki3z” Cates – Result +$51,196
* Feb. 13, 2011: Eugene “MyRabbiFoo” Katchalov – Result +$111,750
* Feb. 27, 2011: Attila “DodgyFish72” Gulcsik — Result +$10
* March 20, 2011: Daniel “KidPoker” Negreanu (part 1) – Result +$150,000
* March 27, 2011: Daniel “KidPoker” Negreanu (Part 2) – Result -$26,500
* April 3, 2011: Scott “urnotindangr” Palmer (Part 1) — -Result $5,425
* April 10, 2011: Scott “urnotindangr” Palmer (Part 2) – Result +$66,607
* April 24, 2011: “Mastermixus” — Result +$1,279
* June 19, 2011: Rui “PepperoniF” Cao — Result +$150,000
* March 11, 2012 (completed March 13, 2012): Isaac “philivey2694″ Haxton — Result -$5,093
* March 18, 2012: Andrew “Kanu7” Millar – Result TBD
You can find a full recap of the action at the PokerStars blog, as well as details on this weekend’s scheduled matchup with Millar.
Tags: Andrew Millar, Black Friday, Blom, Daniel Negreanu, Few Days, Finale, Four Tables, high Stakes, Internet Connection, Isaac Haxton, Match, Next Opponent, Participants, Phenom, PokerStars, Scott Palmer, Screen Name, Second Time, Superstars, Yesterday Afternoon
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
- • GSN axes High Stakes Poker
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …
Grind for Glory returning to Lock Poker in March
Players will see the return of the Grind for Glory rake chase at Lock …