Monday Headlines: Poker Maximus, O’Dwyer wins and more
Our new weekly article is designed to get everyone caught up on the weekend’s action in the poker world. So whether you’ve been putting in 18-hour sessions at the local card-room, or simply don’t keep tabs on the poker world on the weekends, fear not, we have you covered!
WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star Main Event set to begin
The next big tournament in poker will begin today, as the WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star Main Event is set to begin at Noon local time in Los Angeles. As always, the Bay 101 event will see $5,000 bounties placed on a number of poker players and celebrities, as well as granting a $10,000 bonus to the chip-leader on both Day 1a and Day 1b of the tournament.
Stay tuned to PokerNewsBoy for daily wrap-ups from the tournament.
Steve O’Dwyer comes out on top at WPT Denmark
Steve O’Dwyer’s good run seems to be going on forever, evidenced by his victory at the inaugural WPT tournament in Denmark, just days after making the final table of the EPT Copenhagen Main Event! O’Dwyer bested a final table full of Danes to win the title and the roughly $158,000 in prize-money.
Here is a look at the final table payouts from the tournament:
* 1: Steve O’Dwyer – 893,960 crowns (about $158,000)
* 2: Martin Tonnesen – 490,140 crowns
* 3: Claus Uhrskov – 339,960 kroner
* 4: Jan V. Sorensen – 225,030 kroner
* 5: Justin Lund – 175,710 kroner
* 6: Kenneth Laursen – 138,720 kroner
You can read our full recap of the event HERE
Wicked Chops has the scoop on FS+G Bankruptcy
The fellas over at WickerChopsPoker.com got their hands on the details of the Federated Sports + Gaming bankruptcy filings, and it appears that the Epic Poker League owes money to just about everyone!
The article is located behind the pay-wall of the Insider’s section of the website, but here is a quick look at some of the EPL’s debts:
* $2 million loan from Pinnacle Entertainment
* 441 Productions: Approximately $500,000
* Rogers & Cowan: Approximately $70,000
* creativeputty: Approximately $39,000
* Kirkland & Ellis law firm: Approximately $250,000
* Disabled American Veterans: Approximately $23,000
According to the article, the EPL has about $15,000 on hand.
Poker Maximus tournament series off to a fast start
Lock Poker and the Merge Gaming Network’s first attempt at a major poker tournament series has been an unmitigated success after just a singled day of play, with every tournament on the Sunday schedule absolutely crushed their guaranteed prize-pool.
There is still time to sign-up and get in on the action, and if you join Lock Poker through PokerNewsBoy.com you’ll also have the chance to win a free entry into the $109 Main Event or the $530 SuperStack Event taking place on March 25th.
Tags: Bankruptcy Filings, Bay 101, Bounties, Epl, EPT, Laursen, Local Card, Local Time In Los Angeles, main event, poker players, Poker World, prize money, Shooting Star, Sports Gaming, Steve O, Time In Los Angeles, Tonnesen, Uhrskov, Ups, WPT
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …