Poker.org domain name breaks record selling for $1 million
How hot is poker? Poker.org recently shattered the record for an .org domain, selling for $1 million. The previous high was $198,000 for engineering.org, a number blasted out of the water by the poker.org sale.
The domain was purchased by PokerCompany.com, a self-titled “Super Affiliate” that works in conjunction with online casinos, poker rooms, and websites. The site also operates such popular gaming portals as EveryPoker.com, BlackJack.org, Craps.net, and Rakeback.org.
The sale coincides with a trend in .org domain registrations, which saw an 11% increase in 2009. Couple this with a huge influx of poker sites, poker content sites, and Poker affiliates and you can see how the situation was right for solid online poker domain names to be worth big bucks.
The highest purchase price for any domain name was Sex.com at a whopping $14 million –apparently online poker is still far behind the online porn industry!
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …