Pokerstars postpones announcing online poker team
The online poker world will have to wait to see which of the 5,000 or so Supernova players who filled out applications to became one of 25 members of PokerStars Online Poker Team made the cut. The #1 online poker site, PokerStars, was set to announce the lucky applicants who made the grade yesterday, but an unforeseen delay has pushed the announcement date back to December 23rd at the earliest.
PokerStars has contacted the 25 players who were accepted to represent the site, and the site is working on bios and photographs, as well as finalizing and signing the lucrative contracts.
PokerStars was originally looking for a globally diverse group who excelled in different forms of poker. An additional stipulation was that the player be fairly well-known in the poker community, most likely so they would come with a built-in fan base. Little else is known about the nuts-and-bolts of the deal –live tournament requirements and such.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …