Sumpas wins PokerStars WCOOP High-Roller event
With a $10,000 buy-in, it’s not too surprising that the PokerStars WCOOP High-Roller event had a star-studded final table. 299 of the best online poker players entered the $2 million guaranteed tournament –which surpassed the guarantee by almost $1,000,000.
When the dust settled it was ‘Sumpas’ who came away with the victory. ‘Sumpas’ is an unknown player from Sweden who finished 6th in last year’s WCOOP Main Event (when added to the win in this event ‘Sumpas’ passed the $1,000,000 mark in just two tournaments!) and will probably be “known” in the poker world quite soon.
The final table also featured EPT co-founder John Duthie who finished in 8th place; WPT Champion Kevin Saul who finished in 3rd place; and up-and-coming poker pro Mike Sowers who finished 2nd place.
PokerStars has to be grateful with the tournament far exceeding the guaranteed prize-pool: The WCOOP has seen several tournaments fail to reach the guaranteed amount already. Most notable was the $200 buy-in Limit Hold’ Em event (event #8) which drew only 800 entrants for a total of $160,000 – the tournaments had a guaranteed prize pool of $400,000.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …