Ziigmund continues his impressive run at Full Tilt Poker
Ilari Sahamies, better known in the online poker world as ‘Ziigmund’, has been cruising along in 2009 and is up approximately $3.5 million according to highstakesdb.com. Ziigmund’s year-long heater on Full Tilt Poker has him just slightly behind Patrik Antonius in terms of total profit for the year –Ziigmund is roughly $300k behind Antonius (Antonius could put a lot of distance between himself and Sahamies if he can take down Tom ‘durrrr’ Dwan, in the “Durrrr Challenge”).
Sahamies has been able to crush the nosebleed stakes for over $500k in the first ten day of September alone! Known for his tilt-induced tirades and a penchant for playing drunk, Sahamies has worked tirelessly to correct these two leaks over the years and seems to finally have his mental game on par with his strategic game.
As always in the poker world, if someone is winning; then someone else is losing 00the beauty of a zero-sum game—and in 2009 that someone is ‘LarsLuzak’. ‘LarsLuzak’, Sami Keluporo in the real world, is down roughly $3.7 million in 2009. Keluporo is considered one of the best players in the world, but a year-long losing-streak seems to be a red-flag of sorts.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …