Harrah’s reportedly shopping The Rio around – WSOP future hom
Business Week broke the story that Harrah’s has reportedly put the home of the World Series of Poker up for sale, which leaves many people wondering where the WSOP will be played should the Rio be sold. Business Week’s sources put the purported asking price for the Las Vegas Casino at $500 million.
Harrah’s recent acquisition of Planet Hollywood Casino, located on the strip, has made The Rio an expendable commodity –The Rio is located about a mile off the Las Vegas Strip. Whether the sale happens or not the 2010 WSOP is scheduled to take place at The Rio regardless.
The Rio has been the home of the WSOP since 2005, when it first moved from its original locale at Binions Horseshoe. Of the numerous Las Vegas properties owned by Harrah’s the likely landing spots for the WSOP are the aforementioned Planet Hollywood, or Caesars Palace. Both casinos have the space and accommodations to handle the mammoth tournament and both casinos are located centrally on the strip. The leading candidate would be Planet Hollywood which is more of an up-and-coming casino; where Ceasars is already a very well-known and busy casino.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …