Microgaming prohibits data-mining on online poker sites
In the wake of the recent controversy that took place on the high-stakes tables at Full Tilt Poker, over data-mining practices, The Microgaming Poker Network has effectively put an end to data-mining practices on their poker sites.
The poker network has ceased the following practices:
* Data collection on observed hands
* Collecting bulk hand histories
There is no word yet on any limitations or banning of tracking software on the poker network.
Andrew Clucas, head of Microgaming poker operations, summed up the company’s stance on the matter in this way:
“Concern has been rising over the long-term effect of third party software upon the poker industry as a whole, and in particular the negative effect it has on the recreational player demographic. The decision to put a stop to the practice of datamining on our poker network is part of Microgaming’s overarching network strategy to support operators in attracting and retaining recreational players… What we are trying to achieve is a more level playing field for all the players.”
Microgaming seems to be of the point of view that tracking software and data-mining provide players with unfair advantages: Where skill and hard-work take a back seat to the ability to amass data.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …