“Mr. Las Vegas” Bob Stupak dies at age 67
Controversial, polarizing, and outspoken are just a few of the terms people use to describe Bob Stupak. Stupak lost his battle with Leukemia on Friday, at the age of 67.
Stupak was never one to shy away from the spotlight, and in most cases actively sought it out: Whether it was his million dollar bet on the 1989 Super Bowl (he took Cincinnati at +6 an a half) which he won, or his building of the Stratosphere the tallest building in Las Vegas.
Stupak was not only in the gambling industry; Stupak was a gambler! He could often be found in the high-stakes poker games and has even won a World Series of Poker bracelet in 2-7 Lowball: Stupak also made a World Poker Tour final table during the inaugural season.
Stupak may not have been the most endearing of Las Vegas’ moguls, but he was instrumental in turning Vegas into what it is today, and promoting the city (and hence himself) in any way he could.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …