Brian Townsend hemorrhaging money in 2010
Since his 1-month Red Pro suspension late in 2009, Brian Townsend has had a rough go of it at the Full Tilt Poker tables, and approaching the halfway point of 2010 the Cardrunners and Full Tilt pro is down roughly $2.7 million according to highstakesdb.com.
The downswing comes on the heels of one of Townsend’s best years at the poker tables in 2009, where he won $2.4 million. But the wheels seemed to come off the bus when Townsend was suspended as a Red Pro on Full Tilt Poker when he admitted to data-mining Isildur1 and passing that knowledge on to fellow Cardrunners pro Brian Hastings; who proceeded to part Isildur1 from over $4 million of his bankroll in one legendary online poker session.
Don’t expect too much pity for Townsend, since this was the second infraction leveled at the popular online poker pro and instructor; Townsend has also been suspended from the site for multi-accounting, which like data-mining is expressly against the terms & conditions on Full Tilt Poker. Who knows, perhaps Townsend will up the ante and start using “bots” for his next rules violation.
The losses in 2010 have Townsend on pace to equal Gus Hansen’s disastrous 2009 numbers where he lost $5.575 million.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …