Mike Mizrachi quietly having a terrific 2012
At the 2012 World Series of Poker Mike Mizrachi made history by winning the $50k Poker Players Championship for the second time in three years, and in the process becoming the first person to ever win the tournament twice. Most poker players would consider that single win a very strong year, but not Mizrachi –one of the most accomplished tournament players in the history of the game.
Overall, Mizrachi has had a fairly quiet year on the tournament trail, upstaged by the likes of Antonio Esfandiari, Phil Hellmuth, Dan Smith, and Greg Merson, but taking a good hard look at his 2012 numbers it’s hard to argue that anyone has had a better year than “The Grinder”. The two-time World Poker Tour Champion and three-time WSOP bracelet winner has amassed one of the most impressive resumes in tournament poker history, and still has a lot of poker left to be played before he calls it quits.
In May Mizrachi finished 3rd in the $25k WPT Championship at the Bellagio and made four final tables during the 2012 World Series of Poker including his huge win in the Poker Players Championship. Last week Mizrachi added another tournament win to his resume, winning the $2,000 Main Event at the Isle Poker Open in Pompano Beach, and pocketing $128,800 in the process. The win brings Mizrachi’s 2012 earnings to over $2.2 million, and his nearly $15 million in career tournament earnings is good enough for 8th place on the all-time list. If you exclude invitational events and tournaments with buy-ins of over $50,000, “The Grinder” is #1 on the all-time money list, helped by his record five cashes of at least $1,000,000.
* 5th place in the 2010 WSOP Main Event for $2,332,992
* 1st place in the 2005 WPT LA Poker Classic for $1,859,909
* 1st place in the $50k Poker Players Championship at the 2010 WSOP for $1,559,046
* 1st place in the $50k Poker Players Championship at the 2012 WSOP for $1,451,527
* 1st place in the 2006 WPT Borgata Poker Open for $1,173,373
While not as impressive as the above accomplishments, Mizrachi defeated a field of 230 players to win the Isle of Poker Main Event which began on October 26, 2012:
1. Michael Mizrachi – $128,800
2. Ory Hen – $75,900
3. Mukul Pahuja – $50,600
4. Joseph Gibbons – $35,190
5. Phillip Weast – $26,220
6. Justin Zaki – $20,240
7. Daniel Genachte – $15,640
8. Matthew O’donnell – $11,500
9. Stephen Diamantas – $8,280
Despite his 2012 achievements, Mizrachi is currently only in 6th place on the Bluff Magazine Player of the Year leader-board, and even lower on the Cardplayer Magazine leader-board where he ranks 9th. He has gotten some love from sponsors in recent years though, as he has signed with the Breeders Cup as well as with the Laurent Tapie/Prosper Masquelier led International Stadiums Poker Tour (along with Sam Trickett, David Benyamine, and Liz Lieu) where he serves as an official ambassador. It seems as if Mizrachi has been repping except for a German online poker website in the past few years.
Tags: Antonio Esfandiari, bellagio, Cashes, Grinder, Impressive Resumes, Merson, Mike Mizrachi, phil hellmuth, Players Championship, poker players, Pompano Beach, Time Money, time world, Tour Champion, Tournament Poker, World Poker Tour, world series, World Series of Poker, WPT Championship, WSOP Main Event
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …