Poker goes main-stream: Phil Ivey graces cover of ESPN the Magazi
The upcoming issue of ESPN the Magazine will feature a first: It will be the first time a poker player has appeared on the cover of a major non-poker publication.
ESPN couldn’t have chosen a more worthy player than Phil Ivey; who is arguably the face of poker these days. Ivey not only is considered the best cash-game player in the world –where he regularly rips up the highest stakes games both in casinos and online—but is also one of the most decorated tournament players of all-time.
Ivey pretty much sealed the deal to his poker legend at the 2009 WSOP where he won two bracelets, and has made the final table of the WSOP Main Event –which will reconvene in early November—where he looks to pull off the rare feat of winning three bracelets in a single WSOP: Ivey would be the first player to win the Main Event as part of the rare trifecta.
To build your bankroll fast like Ivey, try Super Turbo SNG‘s
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …