David Williams was born on Dallas, Texas in 1980. Williams hit the Poker Scene with a bang back in 2004, while he was still studing Economics at Southern Methodist University, when he finish second behind Greg Raymer in the 2004 WSOP Main Event.
After collecting his $3.5 million for his second place finish in the WSOP Main Event, Williams went on to again finish second in the 2004 WPT Borgata Poker Open. However it was long before David Williams got his first big win. Winning the 2004 Five Diamond World Poker Classic Limit Holdem Event.
But after a great 2004 it wasn’t till 2006 before David Williams got a significant result again, when he got his hands on the WSOP Bracelet that he sorely missed out on in 2004. When he won the WSOP $1,500 7 Card Stud Event, collecting $163,118 for his troubles.
Since his 2006 WSOP Bracelet win, David Williams has been picking up results here and there. But his biggest score came recently (18th April 2010) when he won the WPT $25,000 No Limit Hold’em – Championship Event, winning over $1,500,000. This took David Williams total live career winnings to over $7.9 million.
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …