Cake Poker raises minimum buy-in to discourage short stackers
While there is nothing illegal or even unethical with short-stacking –where a player buys-in for about 20BB, the table minimum, and plays a push/fold strategy, and upon doubling up leaves the table to start all over again—many poker players loathe sitting at tables with players implementing this strategy.
Besides the complaints online poker sites receive from frustrated players, short-stacking is also an easy way to kill a table, which is something the online poker sites definitely do not want!
Full Tilt was the first poker site to address the issue of short-stacking by raising the minimum buy-in on its regular tables, and creating separate “Shallow’Stack” tables. Now Cake Poker has followed suit, and implemented its own anti-short-stacking agenda.
Cake Poker has raised the minimum buy-in to 30BB on most of its No Limit Holdem tables. And similarly to Full Tilt has created “Shallow-Stack” tables with a buy-in that ranges from 20-50BB. Cake Poker’s PLO tables and High Stakes No Limit Holdem games will not undergo this change due to a lack of traffic; the site simply doesn’t have the player base to split their PLO and High-Stakes NLHE games in two.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …