Haxton and Isildur1 in $1 mil freezeout on PokerStars
Two of the top heads-up No Limit Holdem in online poker will be battling this weekend in a $1 million freezeout match. Yesterday PokerStars announced that Isaac Haxton and Viktor “Isildur1” Blom have agreed to square-off in a winner-take-all Heads-Up Match with each player putting up $500,000!
The two have some serious history in heads-up challenge matches, having played two Superstar Showdown matches (Haxton came out victorious in both) but this time the stakes have been pumped-up to a level we haven’t seen since Full Tilt Poker went offline, taking their monumental nosebleed action with them.
In their first ever meeting, which took place soon after Viktor “Isildur1” Blom was signed by PokerStars, the two players met in the first Superstar Showdown, with Haxton coming out on top by $41,000 at the end of the 2,500-hand $50/$100 match. Just a few weeks ago the two met in a rematch, with the stakes bumped-up to $100/$200 and after shooting out to an early $100,000 lead, Blom ended-up on the wrong-side of the math once again, dropping $5,000 more to Haxton.
This time around things will be a little different, as there is no set number of hands to be played. The two will battle until one of them is felted, beginning on Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 1PM. If after four hours of play a winner has not been declared they will call it a day and come back on Sunday for another four-hour session. This will continue every day until one of the two players has the entire $1 million!
Haxton is the only player who has gotten the better of Blom in the Superstar Showdown challenge matches to this point (although depending on the way certain outlets keep score Daniel Negreanu and Scott Palmer have one sessions against Blom, but have lost the overall match to him).
Here is a look at Blom’s track-record in the Superstar Showdown challenge matches on PokerStars:
* Dec. 19, 2010: Isaac “philivey2694” Haxton — Result -$41,701
* Jan. 2, 2011: Antanas “Tony G” Guoga – Result +$44,280
* Jan. 30, 2011: Daniel “w00ki3z” Cates – Result +$51,196
* Feb. 13, 2011: Eugene “MyRabbiFoo” Katchalov – Result +$111,750
* Feb. 27, 2011: Attila “DodgyFish72” Gulcsik — Result +$10
* March 20, 2011: Daniel “KidPoker” Negreanu (part 1) – Result +$150,000
* March 27, 2011: Daniel “KidPoker” Negreanu (Part 2) – Result -$26,500
* April 3, 2011: Scott “urnotindangr” Palmer (Part 1) — -Result $5,425
* April 10, 2011: Scott “urnotindangr” Palmer (Part 2) – Result +$66,607
* April 24, 2011: “Mastermixus” — Result +$1,279
* June 19, 2011: Rui “PepperoniF” Cao — Result +$150,000
* March 11, 2012 (completed March 13, 2012): Isaac “philivey2694” Haxton — Result -$5,093
* March 18, 2012: Andrew “Kanu7” Millar – Result +$37,687
You can watch the match as it plays out on PokerStars, and we will have a full wrap-up of the match when it’s concluded.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …