PokerStars Sunday Million Anniversary tournament draws 36,169 pla
When 36,169 players take to the felt its typically for a freeroll tournament, or one of those Guinness Book of World Records $1 buy-in tournaments: Not so this past Sunday, when the $215 weekly tournament on PokerStars created a prize-pool of $7,233,800.
PokerStars guaranteed a $4 million prize-pool and $1 million for the winner of the tournament, celebrating the 4th anniversary of the popular Sunday tournament. With the massive number of entries the prize-pool quickly eclipsed the guarantee, and the winner of the tournament took home $1.1 million.
The lucky winner was “RichieRichZH”, but perhaps the most remarkable aspect of the final table was the absence of any deal-making; a very rare occurrence in any tournament these days, let alone one where hundreds of thousands of dollars rest on the turn of card.
Here are the results for the final table:
1. RichieRichZH – $1,141,510
2. lankeshwar – $754,775
3. petinvest7 – $506,366
4. lirarerik – $282,118
5. WNYCEC – $151,910
6. DerHenker666 – $86,806
7. Jaggy42 – $57,870
8. highplaya – $43,403
9. Amoneymagnet – $28,935
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …