Sam Trickett parts ways with Titan Poker
One of poker’s top talents is now a free agent, as UK poker pro Sam Trickett announced that he was parting ways with Titan Poker today, ending a year-long sponsorship deal he had with the popular iPoker Network site. Trickett was one of two sponsored players at Titan Poker, the other being German star Marvin Rettenmaier.
Here is the message Trickett tweeted out to his Twitter and Facebook followers (Titan Poker hasn’t released an official statement on the parting as of yet):
“Me an Titan have decided to part ways. I have enjoyed representing them and they was a absolute pleasure to work with.Thanks again Titan….”
Trickett is among the dozen or so most marketable players in poker, and is one of the few players who are equally adept at tournaments and cash games. Trickett plays in the highest-stakes games in the poker world and is a regular in the Ultra-High-Stakes cash-games in Macau as well as in the Super-High-Roller tournaments at major tournament series.
As arguably the best poker player over the past two years Trickett shouldn’t have any trouble landing a sponsorship deal from another poker room if he so chooses (the likeliest site to jump into the Trickett sweepstakes would be PokerStars, especially considering Team PokerStars Pro Daniel Negreanu’s praise of Trickett in one of his vlogs) but it’s unclear if Trickett has another sponsor lined-up or will see what kind of deals he can procure on the open-market.
Trickett is rumored to have booked over £1 million in profit in the Macau in both of the last two years, although it should be noted that details as to the amounts won and lost in this game are hard to come by –even for a UK player, who wouldn’t be taxed on any gambling winnings whatsoever.
Here is a look at some of Trickett’s tournament accomplishments:
* 1st place in the $100k Super-High-Roller tournament at the 2011 Aussie Millions – $1.5 million
* 2nd place in the $250k Super-High-Roller tournament at the 2011 Aussie Millions –1.4 million
* 1st place in the 2011 Partouche Poker Tour Main Event — €1 million
* 2nd place in the $5k NLHE tournament at the 2010 WSOP — $500k
* 4th place in the $5k NLHE tournament at the 2008 WSOP — $245k
* 1st place in the 2008 GUKPT Luton Main Event — $215k
* 1st place in the 2010 Party Poker World Open VI — $200k
If I had to take a guess at what will happen, I would guess that Trickett is snatched-up by PokerStars in the coming weeks, putting one of the best-known, and talented, UK players in a PokerStars patch just before the 2012 World Series of Poker kicks-off.
Tags: Absolute Pleasure, Aussie Millions, Best Poker Player, Cash Games, Daniel Negreanu, Facebook, Free Agent, German Star, High Roller, high Stakes, iPoker Network, Parting Ways, Poker Room, Poker World, Rettenmaier, Sponsorship Deal, Titan Poker, Trickett, Twitter, Vlogs
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …