Attendance down at Ultimate Bet’s Aruba Poker Classic
When the final numbers were tallied a solid 551 players anted-up the $5,500 buy-in for Ultimate Bet‘s Aruba Poker Classic. However, those numbers are down 14% from last year’s tournament. So, while the EPT is setting records in attendance, the WPT and other tournaments are still seeing dwindling numbers.
Going into day three of the highly popular event (it’s in Aruba!) Robert Mizrachi is currently leading the field with 353,000 chips. The entire field was lacking in star-power from the get-go –the EPT championship running, and the WSOPE just concluding—with many big-name pros failing to punch their tickets for the island destination.
Aside from Mizrachi, only two other ‘name’ players are still kicking: Gavin Smith and Shawn Rice. Despite the lack of star-power, there are a slew of solid professional players looking to add to their resumes.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …