Logo guidelines for the Epic Poker League revealed
With all of the hoopla surrounding the legality of advertising for indicted online poker rooms, or for sites still serving the US market despite the indictments handed down on Black Friday, the Epic Poker League has decided to clearly layout its logo policy for the upcoming inaugural event on August 5th.
The Epic Poker League has decided to curtail this type of logo sponsorship even more than the World Series of Poker, but the good news is that they are clearly explaining the policy beforehand.
Basically, players may wear any logo that advertises for a free-money site (.net) BUT, the site must not be active in the US market, and furthermore the logo itself must be 100% horizontal and written in the same font, color, and size throughout.
Other guidelines revealed include:
* Players may switch logos from day to day, but cannot change their logo midday
* Only four players at any final table can wear the same logo
* Players representing the same company at a final table must have distinct colors and clothing
* Players are disallowed from wearing logos that promote hard alcohol, pornography, illegal gaming, certain online dating, and weapons
* Players can wear logos from multiple sponsors, with the main sponsor receiving up to four logos while secondary sponsors are limited to two logos
While doing very little to curtail the NASCAR feel of the WSOP final table, the Epic Poker League is implementing the closest thing to a dress code that we have seen in poker since the early days of the World Poker Tour.
Tags: Black Friday, Closest Thing, Distinct Colors, Dress Code, Free Money, Hoopla, Inaugural Event, Indictments, Logo Guidelines, Logo Policy, Midday, Nascar, Online Poker, Poker Rooms, Poker Sites, Pornography, Sponsorship, World Poker Tour, world series, World Series of Poker
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …