New Zealander wins Asian Pacific Poker Tour’s Auckland event
When the final table played down to just three competitors, a New Zealander had a 66% chance of winning the hometown event. And that is precisely what happened as Simon Watts, a 26 year-old software developer, took down the coveted title, along with the healthy first-place prize-money, totaling $209, 085 (of course that’s New Zealand $).
Despite the relative newness of the tour –This is only season 3– The APPT is garnering a good deal of publicity; drawing very respectable players; and maintaining strong turnout numbers. The next stop for the tour will be in Cebu, Philippines from November 11-15.
For more information on the Asian Pacific Poker Tour (APPT) check out their website at APPT.com
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …