ESPN sees WSOP ratings dip after strong start
After a nice increase in ratings for the $50k Players Championship it appeared that ESPN would have another solid year of World Series of Poker broadcasts. However, since the initial ratings increase, ESPN has witnessed its WSOP ratings drop off, nearly 16% from last year’s broadcasts. This number includes the initial 15% increase in the Players Championship viewership.
Obviously the telltale ratings will be for the lead-up, and eventual, Final Table of the Main Event, but after 8 years of basically the same show the public may be losing interest in ESPN’s World Series of Poker coverage.
Fortunately, if the ratings continue to falter there could be a silver-lining in the whole affair. A decrease in ratings may cause ESPN to tinker with what can only be described as a “stale” telecast –virtually unchanged since 2003. I would love for the long interim between the final table being set and then played to be done away with, and it would also be nice to see the show receive a bit of an overhaul; perhaps with some new technology, new hosts, or even a change in the way the show is broadcast –more hands please!
If that doesn’t work, giving away Free Poker Money always seems to work.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …