Boyle Poker’s International Poker Open kicks off in Dublin
Poker players of all shapes and sizes have descended on Dublin Ireland to take part in Boyle Poker’s International Poker Open (IPO), the largest live poker tournament in Europe. Tournament officials announced they have over 1,400 entries for the $225 tournament; which has created a prize-pool in the $350,000 range.
Despite the small buy-in amount, many of Europe’s –especially Irelands—top poker players will be in attendance: Marty Smyth, Andy Black, Luke Schwartz, Neil Channing, Surinder Sunar, Julian Gardner, Lucy Rokach, and Simon “Aces” Trumper. PokerNewsBoy’s Gerry Poltorak will also be attending and playing in the event; you can follow his progress on PNB’s Twitter page at: http://twitter.com/PokerNewsBoy.
Last year, Ireland’s own Ruairi Coy captured the title, and was able to pocket an impressive 37,000 Euros. Coy also had the foresight to throw-down a little wager on himself at 400-to-1, adding to his impressive win.
Day 1a finished with 75 players proceeding to Day 2 of the event (which will be played on Sunday). The Day 1b entrants will be at the tables today looking to join the 75 survivors from yesterday’s action.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …