PokerStars UKIPT Nottingham draws 1,625 players
With a £1 million guarantee, the latest stop on the PokerStars UKIPT tour in Nottingham was destined to see a big turnout. But even tournament organizers (with their ever-optimistic expectations) were likely surprised at the turnout for the event. A total of 1,625 players made their way to the Dusk till Dawn poker club in Nottingham for the £700 Main Event, sending the total prize-pool over the £1 million guarantee, topping out at £1,137,700.
The payouts will be the largest in the three year history of the UKIPT, with huge sums going to the top finishers. A total of 207 players will make the money, with a minimum-cash worth £1,270. Here is a glimpse at the payouts for the Top 10 finishers in the event:
* 1 – £210,400
* 2 – £125,000
* 3 – £96,700
* 4 – £79,600
* 5 – £62,500
* 6 – £45,500
* 7 – £34,000
* 8 – £22,750
* 9-10 – £17,050
The tournament drew some of the biggest names in UK poker including Victoria Coren, Liv Boeree, and Jake Cody, all of whom fell by the wayside on Day 1. However, a few pros managed to make it to Day 2 of the tournament, including Kevin Iacofano, Surinder Sunar, and Pieter De Korver .
The UKIPT Season 1 Leader-Board winner Chris Brammer came out on top of Day 1c with 180k chips, far behind the overall chip-leader Marcin Milde who will take over 270k chips into Day 2 of the tournament thanks to his efforts on Day 1a of the event. The Day 1b chip-leader was Ken Isaksen, who finished with 227k chips, and is in second-place overall.
Here is a look at the Top 10 chip counts heading into Day 2 of the tournament:
1. Marcin Milde United Kingdom – 278,700
2. Ken Isaksen Norway – 227,600
3. Sean Byrne United Kingdom – 214,800
4. Benjamin Carpenter United Kingdom – 207,200
5. Jack Mcdermott United Kingdom – 196,200
6. Phil Long United Kingdom – 193,200
7. Iaron Lightbourne United Kingdom – 192,000
8. Christopher Brammer United Kingdom — 180,800
9. Shean Smith United Kingdom – 175,900
10. Ben Dobson United Kingdom – 170,900
Day 2 of the tournament is currently underway and the money bubble has been burst. As of writing there are 176 players remaining in the hunt for the UKIPT Nottingham Season 3 title.
Season 3 of the PokerStars UKIPT will feature a total of eight stops. The Nottingham Main Event is the second stop of the season, following Emmet Mullins win at the Galway stop that took place in February. Following the Nottingham Main Event, the UKIPT will head to Dublin, Ireland between May 17 and May 21, 2012, for another £700 Main Event.
For more information on the UKIP you can visit their website at www.ukipt.com
Tags: 1c, Boeree, Brammer, Dobson, Dusk Till Dawn, Isaksen, Leader Board, main event, Mcdermott, Milde, Nottingham, Optimistic Expectations, Poker Club, PokerStars, Prize Pool, Season 1, Surinder Sunar, Tournament Organizers, Victoria Coren, Wayside
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …