Governor Christie signs revised NJ online poker bill
In a blistering hour of legislative achievement the New Jersey State Legislature and the State Senate both passed the revised online poker bill with Governor Chris Christie’s recommendations put forth in his conditional veto of the original bill. Soon after the bill passed both bodies Governor Chris Christie signed the bill, making New Jersey the third (and by far the largest) state to legalize online poker –Nevada and Delaware are the other two states.
The original bill was passed late in 2012 and sat on the Governor’s desk for a couple months before he issued the conditional veto just prior to the deadline for signing the bill. The veto sent the bill back to the New Jersey legislature where they could choose to act on the governor’s recommendations or simply scrap the bill –the legislator at the forefront of the push for legalized online gaming in New Jersey, Raymond Lesniak, made a statement at the time of the time of the conditional veto saying the recommendations would not be a problem, and in the end they proved not to be.
What was a bit surprising today was the speed with which Chris Christie signed the revised bill into law, penning his name across it before the proverbial ink was even dry from the Senate vote. We’ll have more updates and the particulars on the bill in the coming hours.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …