It’s Official: WSOP.com will launch on Thursday
It’s now official, the WSOP.com online poker site will launch this Thursday, September 19, at 9:19 AM. WSOP.com will join UltimatePoker.com as the only two licensed online poker sites in the United States.
The news came during Monday’s scheduled conference call with members of the media, where key Caesars personnel detailed the WSOP.com software and went over the specifics of Thursday’s launch in a short and to the point call.
Here is a look at the significant pronouncements made during the conference call and in a subsequent press release at the WSOP.com website:
* Holdem, Omaha, and Stud games will be available at launch, including hi/lo variants
* Stakes will start at $.01/$.02 for cash games and $1.10 for tournaments
* Satellite tournaments to WSOP Europe tournaments will be available at launch
* Daily $100 and $25 freerolls for players of all levels
* Limit and No-Limit Hold’em with full table and short-handed games, plus the popular Omaha variant will be offered, including Omaha Hi-Lo, as well as Seven Card Stud
* WSOP.com will have a VIP Rewards Program at launch called Action Club. Action Club will be tied into Caesars current brick & mortar Total Rewards program.
* Players will be able to deposit with credit and debit cards as well as e-checks at launch (depositing at a brick & mortar Caesars location will not be available at launch)
* Withdrawals can be made via e-check and paper checks
* Over 12,000 players registered during the 2013 World Series of Poker but many reside out of state
* WSOP.com will be available for Mac downloads but not mobile at launch
PokerNews.com posted a summary of the conference call which you can read here
In the press release Caesars also outlined their upcoming marketing push for WSOP.com:
WSOP.com will also roll out a comprehensive marketing blitz to support the Nevada launch. The approach will be multi-faceted including online, offline and cross-marketing tactics. From television spots in major sports programming, to shows like Breaking Bad and Jimmy Kimmel Live, to branded room keys and poker rooms in our Nevada-owned properties, CIE will utilize a broad array of tactics to enlighten consumers and property guests of WSOP.com’s new product offering. As a proud member of the local Las Vegas community, WSOP.com will also support our local sports teams with sponsorships of the Las Vegas Wranglers & Las Vegas 51s and ad-support in the UNLV Rebels basketball telecasts.
WSOP.com will leverage Caesars Entertainment’s industry-leading loyalty program – Total Rewards – to direct mail and database market to more than 44 million members of the program. Following the lead of Total Rewards, WSOP.com will launch with its own loyalty program, called the Action Club, and will recognize and reward online poker players with loyalty points (WSOP Points) for each hand or tournament they play. The Action Club Rewards currency can be redeemed for cash to buy into online ring games or tournaments or they can be converted into Total Rewards credits to use for discounted room nights, dining credit, show tickets, merchandise or even WSOP tournament buy-ins across all Caesars-owned properties. Additionally, given the close ties with Total Rewards, Action Club members will have the ability to earn casino status in the Total Rewards program based on their online play.
The site will offer a series of outstanding launch promotions including $700 in Welcome Week Freerolls for new registrants, $1,000 and $2,500 nightly guaranteed tournaments, and a special Sunday tournament each week beginning September 29 and guaranteeing $15,000 in payouts.
The site’s tent pole launch promotion will be the WSOP.com Online Championships, a series of nine tournaments with $500,000 in added money. The WSOP.com Online Championships will heat up in October and will see nine different winners get the opportunity to participate in the first-ever “Online Nine” to coincide with WSOP’s land-based Main Event finale, the November Nine, at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas on November 4-5, 2013. This type of promotion perfectly encapsulates the synergy between offline and online that we believe will be achieved by the WSOP and WSOP.com.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …