MasterCard blocks online poker transactions
One of the last bastions for US poker players has apparently been closed off. MasterCard has decided to block all online poker transactions from US players. The move is likely spurred by UIGEA legislation being enacted in June –unless the government overturns the legislation before then—and other payment processors having been brought to court and fined by the US government.
This marks the second time MasterCard has taken such action; after the first instance online poker sites changed their codes in order to process MasterCard deposits. However, this time it appears the online poker world is going to press on without MasterCard, as many online sites have removed MasterCard as a deposit option.
Even prior to this decision many MasterCard holders were unable to use their plastic to deposit online, since many banks also block online gaming transactions. The decision by MasterCard removes the option across the board, effectively taking the decision away from individual banks.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …