Online poker players breathe a sigh of relief with news UIGEA wil
According to PokerNews.com Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner will delay implementation of UIGEA legislation after a petition by the Poker Players Alliance was brought to him. Instrumental in spearheading the delay is Massachusetts Congressman Barney Frank – A name held in high esteem among poker players.
Frank is expected to officially announce the delay sometime today, but rumors have been circulating since early this week when it was announced there would be hearings to discuss the two bills Frank introduced earlier this year: One to repeal UIGEA, and the other to legalize and regulate the online gaming industry. The hearings are scheduled for December 3rd, and UIGEA was to go into effect December 1st.
The delay will keep UIGEA from passing while Congress continues to debate the more significant issue of health care: Poker players were probably feeling the short-end of the stick, as it was unlikely Congress could devote the time to online poker legislation during the heated health care debate.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …