Pennsylvania budget plans include legalized poker
In a move designed to increase revenue, Pennsylvania lawmakers issued a preliminary budget and outlined ways to increase state revenue to help pay for the $28 billion plan according to the Associated Press.
Most notably was the inclusion of legalized poker and other table games at Pennsylvania’s current slot-machine casinos. Unfortunately, the AP is also reporting Governor Ed Rendell, and GOP lawmakers are unhappy with the current plan, making it unlikely to pass in its current form.
The hypocrisy of the whole legalized gambling debate is that people see nothing wrong with slot machines –which offer some of the worst odds in all of gambling—and keno/lottery/scratch tickets –which are the worst odds in all of gambling: usually paying back a mere $.60 on the dollar—yet they take issue with table games that in almost every case have a 96% pay-back rate.
An even more egregious oversight is poker. Poker offers casinos steady income (since the casino itself is not wagering anything on the game), and gives players a chance to have the odds in their favor! Of course, to have the odds in your favor you have to have some skill at the game; but at least poker offers players the chance to become skillful and win: No other casino game can make that claim.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …