Poker pros start arriving at Mohegan Sun for the PokerStars NAPT
With the preliminary events concluded, the superstars of the poker world have stated descending on the Connecticut woods to take part in the first North American Poker Tour Mohegan Sun event. The $5,000 buy-in Main Event will be played from April 6th through the 12th with a $25,000 buy-in High-Roller poker tournament taking place on the 12th and 13th.
PokerStars , the biggest of all the online poker rooms, is expecting a strong turnout for the event –nearby Foxwoods has always been one of the most well attended stops on the World Poker Tour—which will be the first major poker tournament to be held at Mohegan Sun. After doing away with their poker room in 2003, Mohegan Sun was all but forgotten by the poker world. However, after reopening the poker room in 2008, Mohegan Sun is looking to once again become a major player in New England poker. The Mohegan Sun poker room features over 40 poker tables with a variety of stakes and poker games spread.
With poker megastars like Daniel Negreanu and the rest of Team PokerStars, along with the usual cast of tournament players making the trip to the NAPT event, Mohegan Sun will at least be the hotspot for poker over the next week.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …