PokerStars LAPT announces addition of tournament in Lima Peru
The PokerStars Latin American Poker Tour has announced the addition of a $2,700 buy-in tournament that will take place in Lima, Peru; technically in the community of Miraflores. The event marks the tournament series first ever stop in Peru.
The tournament will take place from June 2nd through the 5th at the Atlantic City Casino in Lima. In addition to the Main Event, there will be preliminary events, satellites, and high-stakes cash game taking place.
The LAPT has seen its fair share of ups, with some good turnouts and fairly strong publicity, as well as its downs, such as the cancellation of the tournament stop in Chile earlier this season. The addition of the Peru tournament clearly shows that Online Poker Room PokerStars is intent on making the tour work long-term.
Latin and Central America have always had a fairly decent poker culture, even before the huge poker boom of 2003, which has helped the LAPT get off the ground. Costa Rica for one has always been a gambling/poker haven for tourists, and anytime out-of-towners show up looking to lose their money you can be certain the local population will learn the game in order to reap the benefits.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …