PokerStars NAPT will include $25k High-Roller Tournament
PokerStars has announced that the inaugural North American Poker Tour event, taking place at the Venetian in Las Vegas, will conclude with a $25k buy-in High-Roller tournament with a twist; certain pro players will have a $5,000 bounty on their head, and the player collecting the most bounties will receive an additional $100k from PokerStars!
Another unique feature of the tournament will be the payout structure. The prize-pool will be distributed in the following way: PokerStars will award each player at the final table $50,000, and the remainder of the prize-pool will be awarded to the winner of the tournament –Look for a lot of deal-making at this final table!
With these two innovations PokerStars is definitely trying to have their cake and eat it too. Bounty tournaments are highly appealing to recreational players, although the pricey entrant’s fee will likely keep their participation to a minimum. On the other hand, the top-heavy payout structure appeals to poker pros, looking for that mammoth cash.
The popular online poker site announced the inclusion of the event, and the added features, through their blog on PokerStars.com.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …