Weekly Brief: High-stakes action in Asia and more
There is a lot of news driving the poker headlines that is taking place away from the poker tables over the past week, but by far the biggest story has been the insanely high-stakes action that is taking place in Macau. With players like Phil Ivey, durrrr, Johnny Chan, Chau Giang, and John Juanda already there, and big-time poker players flying in by the plane-load it’s likely this story will continue on for at least another week.
One of the stranger stories of the week was the revelation that Peter Eastgate’s 2008 WSOP Championship bracelet is up on EBay! Eastgate is selling the bracelet –which he says he has no use for and doesn’t wear—to raise money for UNICEF. One of the people driving the bidding, which has surpassed $50,000 for the bracelet which is valued at $16,000, is none other than Tony G, who wants to turn it into a dog collar for his German Shepherd!
What else happened this past week? The Bike and the WPT signed a 5-year extension. A poker study was released about the personality of poker players. And we also saw two major tournaments crown a champion: Michael Eiler at the EPT Vienna and Joe Tehan at the NAPT in Los Angeles.
You can also check out our recent Op-Ed piece on media’s role in the poker world after the Partouche Poker Tour scandal.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …