2010 Poker Hall of Fame induction ceremony
Monday night not only saw the World Series of Poker crown Jonathan Duhamel as its newest Main Event Champion, but prior to the heads up match the Poker Hall of Fame officially grew by two players as Dan Harrington and Erik Seidel were inducted into the very exclusive club.
Each inductee was introduced by a speaker before making a brief speech of their own: Seidel was introduced by poker legend Doyle Brunson, while Harrington chose Nolan Dalla. Both men added their name to the list of poker’s greats and were awarded a commemorative trophy.
One of the most interesting moments of the ceremony was when WSOP Vice President Ty Stewart made the announcement that the Poker Hall of Fame would adopt a “Chip Reese Rule” which would set an age requirement before a player can be inducted into the Hall of Fame –currently the criteria for induction contains the generalized term of “Must have stood the test of time” which has led to some debate on what precisely this means.
This issue was brought to the forefront over the past two years: First there was Tom Dwan being stricken as a finalist in 2009, and then a much more heated debate over players like Phil Ivey and Daniel Negreanu in 2010. Both have been top players for the better part of 15 years, but are still in their mid-thirties!
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …