$2 million guarantee Borgata Winter Open attracts 766 players
The Borgata is one of the only US casinos that is going on the offensive to counteract the falling attendance numbers that have plagued US poker tournaments over the last two years. In late 2009 the Borgata dropped the buy-in of their WPT championship event from $10k to $3,500 and offering a guaranteeing prize-pool.
The decision worked out so well that the Borgata decided on a $3,500 buy-in for their Borgata Poker Championship with a $2 million guaranteed prize-pool. The event didn’t draw quite as many players as the WPT event –likely because of the WPT’s television exposure—but still exceeded their $2 million guaranteed prize-pool with 766 entrants; creating a prize-pool of $2,681,000.
Two preliminary tournaments at the tournament series were able to attract huge fields as well:
* The $400 NLHE Deep-stacks tournament saw an astounding 1,563 players take to the tables.
* The $200 NLHE with re-buys also drew over 1,000 players, with a final tally of 1,100 players.
With 27 players left in the Championship Event there are a slew of top professionals sitting atop the leader-board, including chip-leader Matt Matros who is followed closely by Lee Childs and Jeff Madsen.
If you are ever looking to find a review of a poker room, check out ThePokeFish.com as they have some of the best Poker Reviews on the internet.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …