$25,000 WPT Championship underway at Bellagio
One of the poker highlights each year has been the World Poker Tour’s $25,000 buy-in championship event that takes place at the Bellagio Casino in Las Vegas. The hefty price-tag brings out the best of the best in the poker world, as they battle it out for one of the richest prizes in poker.
Day 1 of the event saw 161 players take to the felt (registration will remain open until 5PM on Day 2 of the event) and of those 161 players, 138 will be back for Day 2. Tournament officials expect roughly 200 total players to enter the event, creating a prize-pool of $5 million. Last year’s tournament saw 338 players enter the tournament, so even one of the most popular and prestigious tournaments in poker isn’t immune to the current down-tick in attendance (especially in the US).
The current chip-leader is Shawn Buchanan with 388,600 chips. A bevy of big name players follow Buchanan including: David Benyamine -291,275, Brian Lemke – 298,825, Yevgeniy Timoshenko – 277,375, Phil Ivey – 230,250, Prahlad Friedman – 204,000, Beth Shak – 189,725, Eric Froehlich – 182,300, Martin de Knijff – 166,425, Amit Makhija – 158,150, Cliff “JohnnyBax” Josephy – 149,400, Alex “AJKHoosier1” Kamberis – 143,025, Robert Mizrachi – 142,300, David Chiu – 140,950, Justin Bonomo – 139,000, and Isaac Haxton – 125,125.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …