Attendance up at WPT Bellagio Cup
The first tournament on the Season 9 schedule for the WPT has had some very promising results for the new owners of the poker tour, Party Gaming. For the past few years WPT tournaments have seen dwindling attendance, but the Bellagio Cup VI has seen a sizable increase in attendance over last year, and registration is still not closed!
310 players have registered for the tournament thus far, and registration will remain open through the end of the first level on Day 3 of the poker tournament. A total of 268 players entered the tournament last year: Season 7 saw 446 entrants and Season 6 had 535 entrants. So, while the increase is a good sign, the WPT knows they can still do a lot better.
Shrinking attendance has been blamed on a number of factors, from more competition from rival poker tours, to the current recession. But this doesn’t explain how the European Poker Tour (EPT) has continued to grow during the same period; obviously Party Gaming saw flaws in the way the WPT was operating, and has done a good job of fixing those problems.
Hopefully the WPT can continue to increase attendance at more stops, and once again be seen as the #1 poker tour in the world.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …