Christian Harder leads final 8 players at WPT Foxwoods
It should be a rather short day of action at the 2011 WPT Foxwoods World Poker Finals on Monday as the final eight players remaining in the tournament will play-down to the “official” final table of six players before calling it a night… er… day since it’s unlikely the two eliminations will take the players all that long.
Leading the way is online poker sensation Christian “CHarder30” Harder, who has put together an impressive 2011 tournament campaign thus far, with four cashes at the 2011 WSOP including a final table run in $3k PLO event, a 17th place finish in Season 9’s WPT Championship, and a win at the Borgata Poker Open ion the $3k Heads-Up tournament.
Harder is joined by several other high-profile poker players including former champions Andy Frankenberger and Jonathan Little, both of whom are former WPT Player of the Year winners. Also amongst the final eight is poker pro Chris Klodnicki.
This is Little’s seventh Top 10 finish in a WPT Championship, and the tournament pro could tie Carlos Mortensen with three WPT titles should he come out victorious in Foxwoods this week. Here is a look at Little’s past accomplishments according to the WPT website:
* 5th Place: 2007 WPT Caribbean Poker Adventure
* 1st Place: 2007 WPT Mirage Poker Showdown
* 7th Place: 2007 WPT Gulf Coast Poker Championship
* 2nd Place: 2007 WPT North American Poker Championship
* 1st Place: 2008 WPT Foxwoods World Poker Finals
* 8th Place: 2009 WPT Merit Cyprus Classic
Frankenberger burst onto the poker scene last year with a win at the WPT Legends of Poker followed by a 5th place performance at the WPT Festa al Lago, and a third deep run at the WPT Doyle Brunson Five Diamond Poker Championship. The trio of results earned Frankenberger the Season 9 WPT POY award. Frankenberger also won his first WSOP bracelet this summer, taking down the $1,500 NLHE tournament at the 2011 WSOP.
Here is a look at the seating assignments and chip counts of the remaining players in the tournament:
* Seat 1. Steven Brackesy – 984,000 (82 BBs)
* Seat 2. Chris Klodnicki – 534,000 (44 BBs)
* Seat 3. Daniel Santoro – 1,249,000 (104 BBs)
* Seat 4. Christian Harder – 1,437,000 (119 BBs)
* Seat 5. Bob Carbone – 263,000 (21 BBs)
* Seat 6. Andy Frankenberger – 486,000 (40 BBs)
* Seat 7. Jonathan Little – 504,000 (42 BBs)
* Seat 8. Eli Berg – 227,000 (18 BBs)
Tags: American Poker Championship, Caribbean Poker, Carlos Mortensen, Cashes, Eliminations, Foxwoods World Poker Finals, Frankenberger, Heads Up Tournament, Jonathan Little, Leading The Way, Legends Of Poker, Mirage Poker Showdown, Open Ion, Plo, Poker Adventure, poker players, Seating Assignments, World Poker Finals, WPT Championship, WSOP
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …