Final stop for the WPT in 2009:
Doyle Brunson Classic poker tournament starts Monday
Finishing up the year with a $15,000 Main Event at the Bellagio, the WPT is closing out 2009 with a bang. The 6-day event will conclude on Saturday when the 6 final table participants will square off for the coveted title.
With the $15k buy-in the event typically draws the best of the best in the poker world, which was never more evident than at last year’s final table that included: Hoyt Corkins, Justin “boosted J” Young, Amnon Filippi, Steve Sung, Evan McNiff, and eventual winner Chino Rheem: A group of six solid poker professionals.
One player to keep an eye on will be Jason Mercier, who has been tearing up the tournament trail for the better part of a year. Mercier captured the $5,000 HORSE title during the preliminary events –netting the poker pro over $100k– so he is already riding high going into the $15k Championship Event.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …